Saturday, November 7, 2009

Missing folks

Sara, there are more than just Anna missing. The other board was fun but it became infested with spammers and it spoiled it for the rest of us. I think of Bertie in Illinois, Celia in New Brunswick, MJ in Arizona, Linda Harrington in Minnesota, Katie in the UP and so on. Perhaps boards have their day, I don't know.

Over the summertime I have been helping out a soapmaker whose handmade soap I discovered at a gift shop not far from here. Tired of throwing out the ends of soap with each guest who stays at the B&B here, I asked her if she would make smaller bars of soap for my guests. I now have lavender soap, honey lemon, almond, etc. in attractive small bars and I give each guest a small plastic bag to take the soap home with them. Voila...no soap ends for me to clean up. I also have a small basket of her larger bars of soap here for guests to buy if they wish. She has had a booth on Saturdays at our local Farmer's Market all summer and I've gone into town to help her for about 2 hours each week. For that, she pays me with one free bar of soap. I will work for free soap...lol. Her website is: www.windmillhill.ca if anyone in Canada is interested. She doesn't ship across the border. It's wonderful soap.

The weather, which we Canadians talk about all the time...has been beautiful today (for November). People were walking around in shirtsleeves but for most of the week past we had fat white rain...that translates into show showers. I believe Grace, further north and east of us, has snow on the ground. Hard to see 'white' coming so soon, isn't it Grace. Winter is long enough without the insult of having it start too early in the season. Tomorrow promises more of the same. I hope to have a quiet day with a good book, do some more sewing on the binding of my latest quilt and sit in the sun even if I wrap up.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home