Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wednesday in Chilly Minnesota

Remember when we used to do a snoopy dance when we finished a project. Well, I am dancin' this morning. I finished putting together my Blooming 9-patch last night and actually finished a a few other UFO's a couple weeks ago. With a quilt show coming up in March, I have a little incentive to get some projects moved to the "Done" pile. I have so many projects waiting for me that I really needed to get some of the oldies but goodies (and a few not so goodies) completed. After a bag - see below! - I am starting on my BC blocks next. Lisa, who MQs some of my things, has me on her list so I need to have something to give her when she calls!

Last Thur & Fri I went to the Des Moines AQS with a couple of my friends. We saw lots of people from our area there as well and got lots of good ideas. While the show was very good with TONS of vendors, our state show is outstanding so we are a bit spoiled here in Minnesota when it comes to quilt shows. We didn't see many big quilt kits for sale. Bags were popular, there was quite a bit of hand work--embroidery -- and wool everything. Wool wall hangings, wool applique quilts, wool bags, etc. I ordered a wool wall hanging with Ecclesiastes 3 - "To everything there is a season..." around the border. They showed it in a black frame and it was gorgeous AND a wool bag kit just happened to find its way home with me. I am hoping to start on that today... Are the rest of you seeing lots of wool in your areas? Or what seems to be the "in" thing where you are?

Better get DD up for school.. Joleen in MN

3 Comments:

At November 4, 2009 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

We see very little wool here in Alabama, although you can find some. I'm going to commission some friends to buy me some warm gloves the next time they visit family in MN.

 
At November 4, 2009 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

We have some wool in the Quilt shops. They make penny rugs, and a few mini wall hangings. Maybe a purse or 3.
Since we are in Fla. it is more of a nolvety thing.
Sara

 
At November 5, 2009 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

There seems to be a lot of wool used in the quilt mags nowadays. I've tried it a bit, but much prefer cotton. BUT, and that's a really big BUT, I do love wool batting and am planning to use it in the quilt that Rosey designed. I'm going to be handquilting batik fabrics, so will do everything in my power to make the batting easy to go through. Wool needles like butter. And you can block it, too.

Kathi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home