Thursday, November 19, 2009

What are your Thanksgiving traditions?

After I signed off, thought --humm, what are other people's Thanksgiving traditions? Did we discuss this last year?
Do you call that bread/cornbread mixture Stuffing or Dressing?
Do you get together with friends/family/ go out to eat?
I'm baking Pumpkin, Apple and Pecan pies. I have a GF bringing a Mrs. Smith's pie, and other people are bringing side dishes.
So, what about the Canadians? I know you celebrate in Oct., but do you do the same type of food?
Sara in Fla.
PS-Rosey-I have given up on pie crust, using Pillisbury. Somehow it is just better, and less flour on the floor.

1 Comments:

At November 20, 2009 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

We used to do the turkey, gravy, bread dressing/stuffing, cranberries, a fruit salad with a coolwhip/custard dressing, mashed potatoes, and maybe green beans, followed by raw apple cake and pumpkin pie. Way too much starch, but Dad never liked veggies.
Now, we go to my sister-in-law's family get-together, where we do potluck. I can get better balanced food, if I want it, and there are few left-overs calling me later on in the day.
By the way, most people love my DM's pumpkin pie. Her secret is that she adds a teaspoon of vanilla and triples the cinnamon, and completely omits the ginger. Otherwise, she uses the recipe on the can of pumpkin. If someone has been energetic and cooked her some fresh pumpkin, she has the recipe copied and saved into her computer.
Laura

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home