Thursday, November 19, 2009

Glad to see WWQP again

I had almost given up seeing the BB ever again. Glad my cyber friends are in touch again.
LAURA- I too was unaware, so glad you are OK. I know the "waiting" game is the worst!
We planned a kayak trip for over a month. Finally did go over to the Tally, Pessacola area of Fla. on Thur. last. The rains from IDA had dumped lots of water, so even though the sky was blue, air cool, the river we wanted to kayak in was swollen over the banks, and across the road. The State Park people wern't even on duty that day. The water was only about 2 ft. under some of the bridges.
So, we went on to the Yellow River. Didn't know Fla. had one. The current was swift, but we paddled about 2 hours against it. It only took us about 2o min. to come back in the swift current.
I had been having acid reflux off and on for over a year, and boy, it hit me like a ton of bricks on Fri. night. GERD is a new word I have learned. Not fun. Went to my favorite nurse practictioner, who told me all about the chemistry of acid in the stomach, etc. Long story short, I can eat things other than apple sauce now. It was a rough few days.
GOOD NEWS! I have finished my DD's quilt. The scalloped borders came out great. Just have to think of a catchy label to put on it, and it will hit the US Mail after Thanksgiving day.
We are having an early Thanksgiving this Sunday evening. Going to invite the single, divorced, widows, etc. Should have about 12 or 13 here.
I got out all the inherited silverware yesterday (keep it in the bank safe deposit box) and will give it a shine up tomorrow. Going to have the traditional turkey, etc.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home