Saturday, November 21, 2009

THANKSGIVING

Joleen, can I come too? Sounds wonderful and beats spending two days on your feet in the kitchen only to have the dinner scarfed down in about an hour. Prior to Al's death and that of his parents the dinner had to be squeezed in between football games or else we had to have the TV on and no one visited except during the commercials. I always resented that since I'm not a football fan but was outvoted. I really resented it when they started playing football on Christmas day. I insisted he pick the game that meant the most to him and otherwise it was to be a family day.

My menu was the traditional one with the addition of my mother's usual creamed onions. It was a favorite of my family. I remember her pealing the little white onions. I just bought them in a jar and made the white sauce. I did learn from an English guest to add a bit of Worcestershire sauce to the white sauce. That was a great suggestion. Now I wait for someone to invite me to their house and I bring a salad or pie. This year it's a pumpkin pie.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home