Monday, November 30, 2009

Brrrr, is right!

Just home from eight days in Sarasota but those eight days were a heck of a lot warmer than here in Southern Ontario, I can tell you. One expects cooler temperatures at this time of year in Florida but the first part of the week was overcast and cloudy and I think Sara would also have had the storm that dumped I don't know how much rain on Siesta Key. I've been on Siesta Key in November several times and at no time, ever, have I been exposed to two feet of a water canal on the main road along the key. It gave new meaning to the word hurricane for me. Thursday dawned sunny and bright and for the next few days until the day we left on Sunday, the nicest day so far, naturally...I can say that I could have spent the next five months living there. But here I am, back in Ontario and grateful for my eight days down south. I couldn't live in that climate from May to October but it's sure nice to warm my bones down there in the wintertime.

Snow is predicted for later this week and we've been very lucky with our November weather here...warm, sunny, November shot itself in the foot and got nice. Mother Nature may have something awful in mind for us, as a result, over the winter here as she bombed out and gave us a nice November instead of the usual gloomy month it is.

Back to reality; back to cleaning the house; back to Curves and all that makes life worthwhile here and I'm thankful to be enjoying it and looking at those marvelous photographs of New Zealand. Marion, I think if you were not so very far away you'd have every quilter here on the board paying you a visit.

Jane, sensible move not to drive to Rochester. Take it easy on your roads down there in the mountains over the wintertime.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home