Thursday, November 26, 2009

and 45minutes in the other direction....

You can see that I've got " time on my hands" at the moment !! All this playing around on the computer. Fact is , I have finished a Christmas wall hanging, started many years ago, and am reluctant to start anything else at this time of the year !

Anyway... Jane is quite right. NZ. is a beautiful country and small too. The Sth Island (where I live) is narrow and we have the sea 25minutes in one direction and the mountains 45 minutes in the other direction. I have lived here for 47yrs and just love it.. I came from the centre of England where we were lucky to visit the sea (for a day !)once a year and rarely got to see any mountains.. England has it's own beauty ofcourse, and I've been fortunate enough to return there on a fairly regular basis, but I do love my adopted land .... When I have had family visiting from overseas , I usually take them through the mountains, over to the West Coast , down to the glaciers and then through another Mountain Pass to the Southern Lakes and home again. All possible in the space of four or five days..

I hope that Thankgiving Day went well for our American friends and that everyone travelled safely.

Marion.

1 Comments:

At November 29, 2009 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Beautiful, Marion! Thanks for sharing.
Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home