Sunday, November 29, 2009

back from the beach

Burrr--it was a chilly few days at the beach. I did manage to walk both Thurs. and Fri. mornings. Good thing I brought sweaters, wind breaker, etc. We dined on Catfish, cheese grits, hushpuppies, etc. for Thanksgiving dinner. It was wonderful & I didn't have to wash the dishes.
For the first time we went inside the speedway at Daytona. The old car show was going on, must have been 3,000 cars and trucks, and about 10,000 people there Sat. morning. I loved the '57 Chevys, and the '60 Corvettes, also the packards. Lots of '40s cars also. The "gear heads" are a real sub culture. People from NY, GA, PA, and lots of other places there.
Since I've done it once, don't think I'll ever do it again.
MARION-your beach looked warmer than mine. The only people in the water were surfers in wet suits. We did see a few dolpins in the water this morning.
Back to reality-going to start painting the walls in my soon to be new quilt room tomorrow. Sherwin Williams 1080, a beige color. Not exciting, but a good nutral for quilting.
Sara in Fla. who is going to bed early tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home