Saturday, October 17, 2009

Warm, sunny posts...??

Heather, I wish I could send some warm sunny posts to the board but it's raining here again and very cold for an October day.

Thank you for sharing in my Bday celebrations with your good wishes. It was a great day and one which will go down as being very special.

I've just had a friend staying, my oldest NZ friend. She and her husband were our neighbours when I was first married. We were all farming at the time and spent a lot of time in each others company. She was very kind and we all enjoyed being together. Our husbands even took us both on a hunting and shooting trip with them...it was their idea..we were doubtful that it was something that we would enjoy but we went anyway... They thought we should have the opportunity to "go bush" into some of NZ's more remote countryside....I could bore you for hours with tales of our many adventures on THAT holiday, suffice it to say that we all survived and so did the friendships...(and so did most of the wildlife...) It was good to catch up again. Her husband died in an accident some 14yrs ago .. she has a daughter and family in Australia and she left yesterday to stay with them for a month in Queensland..

DD#2 Bday today, we've just had a chat, fancy my youngest being 43yrs old...

Enjoy the day.
Marion.

2 Comments:

At October 18, 2009 at 4:02 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Marion:
I turned on the TV this AM and saw there were fires in Queensland, Aus. hope it's not where your friend's daughter is.
Sara in Fla.

 
At October 25, 2009 at 2:18 AM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

I spoke to my friend last week and there was no mention of the fires. Queensland covers a very large area...I think they should be alright.
Marion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home