Friday, October 9, 2009

Spring must be here

I have been sitting on our deck with ,of course, a coffee in my hand , watching a blackbird demolishing one of my hanging baskets. They are lined with coconut matting and the birds love it for their nests. Right now the baskets are looking very scruffy with bits hanging everywhere. I think having to buy new liners is a small price for the fun of watching the birds. They also eat our cats biscuits which are now outside on the deck. We have come to an arrangement, don't roost on the chairs and you can use the deck.They are slow learners, I am actually covering the chairs at night so I don't have to wash them every day.Ellie is very peeved as she has a new bell, very loud, and the birds can hear her a long way away. I am sure she is trying to think of a way she can lose it so she can go hunting.The trees are all in Spring green now and the flowers are gorgeous, perfume everywhere. I decided a few years ago only to plant perfumed flowers and now it is paying off. These are only on the decks as our DD plants bromiliads everywhere else .
I love the word NESTYs, I have a few of those, It is such good fun to have something in reserve to sew I really don't need to go shopping for several years so I can use mine up but !!!!! I am looking forward to next month which is our Calico Christmas show, great quilts, great merchants empty wallets and full Visa cards. I buy a lot of my Christmas pressies there. Although it is quilt orientated there always seems to be other merchants, pottery , jewellery, soaps etc. A really one stop day. One stall has Christmas decorations which we never see anywhere else, I may have to up size our tree again. The grand kids always have something and when they have their own tree it will be full already. Must go I can hear DH looking for breakfast, he has been watching the golf but his stomach must be reminding him to eat. Hugs to all and keep warm. Bee in NZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home