Monday, October 12, 2009

The big seven oh.....

Yes, it's come and gone and it wasn't too painful ! DH and I flew up to Auckland to spend the week with DD#2 and family. Imagine my surprise when DD#1 appeared at breakfast one morning... I had spoken to her in U.K 36hrs previously, she was about to return home to H.K. !!! Seems she stopped off in HK long enough to pick up her youngest child (aged 6) and then get on another plane for NZ ! She arrived early in the morning and my DSIL#2 in Auckland, kindly went to the airport to meet her and bring her back to us... Seems that DD#2 and husband knew of the plan but managed to keep it a secret (clever them !) It was totally unexpected as far as I was concerned and just wonderful to see them. It didn't stop there. DSIL #1 arrived later in the day. He had been in Beijing on business and decided to come down to NZ en route home ...!?! We had a wonderful three days together before they returned to HK. I felt very fortunate to have had so many of my family with me for my birthday. Only three of the seven grandchildren were missing and they were tucked away in Boarding school in Scotland...

Home again now and busy with the spring garden. It's looking lovely out there, lots of colour and
plenty to do after the recent rains.. Just as well, as it does seem quiet after the excitement of the last week.

On a quilting note... I am within sight of the finish of my friend Marion Mac's quilt... Some of you may remember that she died earlier in the year and I promised that I would finish the quilt that she was working on.... It's been a lot of work and I didn't find it easy to settle to initially but I've had a good run at it lately and should have it finished before the weekend....

Time to go. I've got a friend coming to stay tomorrow so had better prepare her room.

Enjoy the day.
Marion.

1 Comments:

At October 16, 2009 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like you had a great day.
Hugz, Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home