Wednesday, October 14, 2009

This & that

Dog #1 had her inner clock off this morning and woke me up at 5:10, instead of the usual 6:00. Yawn. I took a nap on the couch this afternoon.
We have had a "cool" front come in, in my sinuses that is. Supposed to be down to 70 for a high the next few days. I'll be happy.
Ran around town today looking for black heels to go with the new outfit for the yearly banquet I attend -this year on the 29th of Oct. Had nothing to wear that wasn't 10 years old, so sprung for new outfit from Talbot's. Not really what I wanted, but a "classic" black wool skirt, dark red silk shell and cardigan sweater to match it. Cost $$$, but with my birthday 15% discount not too bad. Well, yes, bad. But in honor of St. Quilta I bought it. And 2 and 1/2 inch -maybe 3 inch black heels.
Every now and again I can dress up and look refined, but it takes effort!
Poor DH had more blood work, CAT scan, and X-ray to go through soon. His PSA test was high, outcome of biop./ very small cancer. It must be addressed, at least it is early. He is just so tired of doctors, blood tests, etc.
First gall bladder, then 1/2 thyroid, then "mystery disease" taking TB drugs, now this. Sigh. . . Good thing we are studying the book of Job in our Bible St. Maybe I won't be like Job's friends, or his wife either.
Thanks for letting me vent.
DD and family have pushed back the move until Sat. She evidently cut one of the boy's hair, not too well. He was a surfer dude, no telling what he looks like now. We will have a get together Thurs. night and take picks.
The kids are excited about the move. Two different sets of my friends have offered them ski jackets. They went skiing years ago and held onto the jackets. One couple even lived in Fargo, ND for 2 years.
OK, it's 5PM and I don't have a clue what to fix for dinner.
Sara in Fla. who is waiting for cooler weather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home