Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday morning early

Marion, how wonderful that most of your family was with you on your B-day, especially the globe-trotting who seem to use planes like most people use buses to transport them from one place to another, half-way across the world with such aplomb. For me, flying is an adventure that I brace myself for, as I'm not a comfortable passenger. I admire anyone who can live life as your elder daughter and son-in-law do and keeping two homes going on both sides of the world with three children in one place and one in another takes a bit of juggling that only a calm person could accomplish. Did Russell know of the surprise or not?

There seems no explanation as to why the board was down for the week. I wonder why this has happened twice in recent weeks?

The annual log-splitting 'event' took place over our Thanksgiving week-end with my family helping out. Given the cost of heating with gas, oil or electric, wood is definitely less expensive but such a lot of work to cut and prepare for the winter months ahead. We buy whole trees, minus limbs, then it is cut into log lengths that will fit into our wood stoves and then it must be split. Each year a certain anxiety goes with it as to will we be able to get it all split in time for the first snow. We rent a large log splitter on our Thanksgiving week-end (3-day holiday week-end) and each year, thankfully, we manage to get it all done. I'll post a picture when it's sent to me by my daughter and then maybe Jean will be kind enough to post it for me...all electronic things that baffle me, the digital age.

Heather, I'm so glad you seem to keep your life on track and busy given all that you have going on up there in Thunder Bay. Quilting has a way of keeping life balanced, doesn't it.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home