Saturday, October 17, 2009

itgreat to see we're back online

I'm so happy to see our BB Chat board up and running again.

Heather, the pumpkin sweaters & caps are soooooo cute. That's a photo to be framed and hung in the home.

It's cold here, light frost warning tonight. Thank you old man winter. ;o) We've continued to have cloudy skies, lots of drizzling rain, some heavy, and collected 2" for October already in the rain gauge. The house smells moldy, outdoors smells moldy, and we're all sick of it.
I'll have a little cheese with my whine, too, thankyouverymuch. (ack!)

This week began the switching summer/winter clothes in the closet. Moving the summer things upstairs, bringing the winter stuff down. I decided my side of the closet desperately needed a searching & fearless inventory. I won't tell you how many pairs of shoes are now lounging at GoodWill, and I cleared out a lot of old clothes.

WHY is it that I cannot part with clothing, no matter how old and faded? This is tragic. I suppose because it is still .... serviceable ... for yard work ... and some of it I know GoodWill doesn't want, either. NOBODY would buy some of this. Perhaps I need to go on Oprah or Dr. Phil or even Dr. Oz? (AAAACK) But the deed is done. Clothing inventory has been severely pruned back and I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel. I allowed myself to keep one pair of 20-year old cotton/poly blend slacks from Lands End that have many rounds of golf played in them, then in their retirement were used for hard labor in the yard. For all the kneeling in the yard (you would not believe how much) those pants don't look worn. But they're horribly faded. Land's End would be proud. I wonder if I can dye thej back to navy again . . . .. aaaaaack!

Sophie (our pup) has noticed the cooler temperature in the house, and wants to spend more time on my lap. That is fine with me. (VB grin) She's almost 11 months old, is getting her adult coat, and it's hard to believe she's almost finished growing.

Hugs to everyone!
Doris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home