Monday, September 28, 2009

Teeming rain tonight

Jane, I don't think you're going to route out Celia. She's so busy with her grandson at the moment that she hasn't time to turn around and catch her backside but she may surprise us. I think she's also lost her password.

The rain has been on and off but when on, it's teeming as it is right now close to 10 pm at night. I drove further north into the country today to visit a former B&B guest, who is renting a home in the hills of Mulmur Twp. for a month. They are in an old and big log home which is tucked back off the gravel road and nestled into a small hill with an old barn nearby. Two rather fat ducks waddled out of the barnyard but I could see no other feathered friends. It is an absolutely charming place, although further north from town than I would like in wintertime but truly the farm of my dreams when I first began to look for a home in the country. Good thing I didn't find that one because we are much closer to town where we are and in winter with all the snow, it's much better to be where we are but oh, my, how tempting...and it's for sale, too. I found a lovely MacIntosh apple tree on the laneway into the farmhouse and it did not look as though it had been sprayed. Lots of blemishes on the apples but few worm holes. At this time of year I keep a sharp eye out for old apple trees which are unsprayed to make applesauce for winter.

Which, if I dawdle any longer here, my applesauce will not get made. Thanks Heather for the nice thoughts on the quilt. It's really a fun quilt to make. The Inuit, for the US folks, are the former Eskimos of Canada and their land is now called Nunavut, which is the Eastern Canadian Arctic.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home