Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday AM

Hi all:
Decided to watch "Fried Green Tomatoes" last night. Got it for 5 days from Blockbuster video. It is a "southern" chic flic for those not in the U.S. I forgot there were some sad parts, and cried at the end. My poor left eye is now swollen and hurting. I guess crying isn't good for post-eye surgery.
I'm hoping to go to DD's house today to fit a bathrobe pattern to boys. She is thinking (along with DSIL) of moving to the Canada border, in N.D. We haven't been on the best of terms in the last months, but I figured the boys need bathrobes whether they stay or go.
Rosie-and any other Canadians--please advise what else I could be making other than robes. Hats, Mittens? The obvious is quilts, but they have them. I don't knot, but could make some polar fleece scarves.
They will know in about 2 weeks if they are going or not.
Going to eat my Cherioos.
Hope the eye will get better soon. Good vibes and prayers are welcome.
Sara in Fla.

2 Comments:

At July 24, 2009 at 9:44 AM , Blogger heather said...

Sara.....if your daughter and kids are moving to North Dakota which borders with Manitoba......Yes they will need hats, mittens, scarfs, sweaters, long underwear, boots, snow shovels, etc etc.....they will have a full winter weather system I believe.....we live about 35 miles away from the Minnesota/Ontario border at the head of Lake Superior.....so our winters are very similar to Manitoba and N/Dakota.....Have either DD or DSIL ever lived outside of Florida ? It will be a change of lifestyle, just in the weather patterns alone.....If I am correct the ND/Manitoba border is where there tremendous flooding most every spring........But it is a beautiful area to visit in the summer and fall !!

 
At July 24, 2009 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Heather-- No, my DD was born in West Palm Beach, and has lived her entire 38 years in Fla. She has visited PA and a few northern states in the winter. DSIL was born in Ohio.
After measuring the kids today she came in and was grumpy. Later on she left a phone message for me that she had been crying, so I don't know what's up.
She has the "little house on the prarie" idea that life is better somewhere else, grow your own vegs, etc.
I think they are dreaming.
I'm going to wait until the eye gets better, maybe another week, before starting on the bathrobes. The pattern fit with some minor adjustments.
Thanks.
Sara

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home