Sunday, July 19, 2009

AQS show and stuff

Is anyone going to be at the AQS show in Knoxville next Saturday? I've signed up to ride a bus with others from the guild here in Huntsville. We're leaving at 5:00 AM and won't be back until after midnight.
I spent last week taking photos for Vacation Bible School at church. The kids seemed to be having a great time, and some of the photos are really cute. They've added "science" to the activities, as well as music, crafts, and games. I don't remember the science being part of it before, but I haven't been able to help with VBS for years because I was always teaching summer school.
My nephew (from Virginia) has been in town since Friday with the Auburn U. Wesley Foundation mission group, working with the youth at a local church. After visiting the church, I took him to lunch. I have to laugh; he wanted "real" food. The group has been doing this work all summer, all over Alabama and Georgia, and each church has been feeding them "kid food." He's eaten a lot of burgers, hot dogs, and pizza.
I picked up my box of apple core charms to take with me on the bus Saturday. I'm sewing two charms, right sides together, on the sewing machine, turning them, and setting them aside. I'll iron a stack of them before Saturday. I plan to baste them together on the bus. It should make a sturdy summer coverlet after I machine zig zag the basted pieces.
Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home