Sunday, July 12, 2009

So good to be back HOME

Ahhh. . . .why are vacations always better in our minds than is reality?
The other wife and I both agreeded that the men-folk need to have a golf vacation apart from us. Not that I don't love my husband, but a week is too long with no quilting.
TIP--for anyone going away and taking a portable machine--alwasy check to see if you have the proper feet for the machine. I was so sure I had everything, light, extention cord. Forget to take the regular foot, and tried to sew with a walking foot. Not too good.
Also- uh-confession time. If you do some iron on interfacing make sure that the iron is on an ironing board, not a glass top table. That mistake cost $219.00 for a new piece of glass. DH didn't rub it in, and in fact said, accidents happen.
I did get to read a Debbie McCumber book, Twenty Wishes. It made me think what my 20 wishes would be if I started a list.
Will let everyone know after the laundry is done.
JANE--we waited over a year to get a new doggie, the first one wasn't a good match. After thinking and talking about it to DH, he found a free dog for me, Pumpkin, who is now HIS dog. We got her from a friend, who had the mom dog. The friend's adult child was alergic to the dog, so we really fell into her. I would only have a small dog from now on! We might at some point "adopt" her sister from our DD.
OK, DH and I both agree that we need to lose 25-30 lbs. each, and were getting ready for a bike ride. It is now raining, so will put that off.
Going to have to give up the ice cream for a while, so I will have more energy to run in the fall. That will be 2 of my 20 wishes. Lose weight so I'll have more energy and run/walk in the Feb, 2010 half marathon.

The brain is a bit fried right now, but Marion my prayers are with you.
I always wanted a sister.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home