Tuesday, July 7, 2009

From one tired Grandmother to another....

Rosey, I've got DGD 13, and DGSs 12 and 10 staying, so I know what you mean...!! It's mid-winter here and very cold. The power bill and the grocery bill are going to make this a very expensive two weeks..... Lovely to see them though . The boys still challenge my understanding. Romping around outside, rolling around on the wet cold lawn, making huts in the trees in the rain and risking life and limb on their scate boards (on our tennis court !?!) The DGD is at an interesting age .... seems to spend a lot of time texting her friends and ignoring all others around her ! She needs money for a school trip so is "helping " me in the kitchen (when she remembers to...) It's all fun (?!?)

I hardly remembered how to post, it's been such a long time. Today we went onto Broadband and changed our email address, so I was doubtful that it would still accept my signing in. Seems that it has. DH is very excited about having Broadband at last. He is keen to get onto Skype so that we can keep up with our grandchildren.. We are on "wireless "(wotever that means ! ) We are too far away from the cables to go on line..

I had the great sadness of losing my sister in March of this year. I was fortunate enough to be able to travel over to UK to be with her . She was given the diagnosis and prognosis in one day. Cancer of the kidney, lungs and brain , with three to nine months to live. She only lived for two months. Life is precious. Make the most of each day.

Better go. Some things never change...... DH is looking for his dinner ...

Happy days.
Marion H.

3 Comments:

At July 7, 2009 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Marion, I was so sorry to read about the loss of your sister. My own sister is battling cancer now as did Laura's (in Iowa). How wonderful that you were able to visit her and spend time with her! You'll always have those special memories.
Hugz, Mary in Oregon

 
At July 9, 2009 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Hello Mary,
Sorry to hear that your sister is engaged in a battle of her own.It's so sad for the family, I hope the pain is well controlled. Sisters are precious. Enjoy your time with her.
Marion.

 
At July 20, 2009 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Thank you, Marion. Yes, I'm lucky to live near my sister so can spend loads of time with her. She's on a morphine drip unit which has helped heaps. Cancer is just an ugly thing isn't it.
Hugz, Mary

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home