Friday, June 26, 2009

Just checking in!

Wednesday and Thursday this week, I gave a talk on quilting at the library for their story hour. I did a trunk show, read them "The Quiltmakers Gift", and then had them color a quilt block. Both groups seemed to enjoy it, and so did I. I just love to share my quilting! DS, Isaac who is now 6 just had to go with me both days. He is quite the talker, so I had to threaten him that it was my program, not his. He was really proud to show off his quilt made of blocks made by his "Cyber Aunties" when he was born.

We are in the middle of wheat harvest here. So far so good. I'm holding my breath till it's all cut and out of the fields. Last year our whole crop was destroyed by hail.

One of my nieces was chosen to be Kansas Junior Miss back in May. She is now in Alabama for the America's Junior Miss program. Finals are tomorrow night. I'm so excited for her! If she wins, I'll have to come up with some kind of special quilt for her.

Good to see a little more action on this board lately. I really miss our old chat board where you had to read every day or you would miss some of it.

Happy Quilting!
Karen in KS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home