Monday, June 22, 2009

PERFECT MOMENTS

This is too wonderful a topic to hide in "comments". What a day brightener, JEAN. One who was in my company last September as you were would not guess that I am capable of having or noticing such a moment but I've come a long way since then.

A few hours ago during my power walk down and then back up my .4 mile driveway which has a serious grade I took note of the avian symphony in the surrounding woods. I am very partial to the wood thrush, an "LBJ", little brown jobbie", type bird. One seldom sees them as they like the heavily wooded areas. But, once you hear one in the early morning and early evening one never forgets. It's a very complex flute like song and quite beautiful. I was also treated to rufous sided towhees who were telling me "drink your teeeeea." Along with their call, "towheeeee". There were other musicians in the background which were less distinctive which means I can't identify them.

Unfortunately my Juki is in the shop in Asheville, seventy five miles distant and I need to make the trip to pick it up. It's a wonderful week on my calendar for the first time in over a year in which nothing appears but a weight watcher meeting and the ongoing need to get to the gym and Friday's very social hand quilting at the frame and lunch with friends, often including new friends.

Off to the shower and into the car for the 1.5 hour drive each way.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home