Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Like VCR's

every brand of microwave is different. To get low power on mine, I have to put in the time and then hit the power button repeatedly until I get it down to a low setting. Fortunately, mine has a "melt" button. Remember when people couldn't figure out how to program their VCR's? Microwaves are not quite as bad, but ...
I love technology, but there are 16 text messages on my cell phone, and I haven't a clue how to access them. Since everyone I know is aware that I don't text, I'm relatively sure that all of them are "junk."
Fortunately, the DVR on the satellite is user friendly, as is my new toy, the Garmin Nuvi 205W GPS unit, which I put in my car to help keep me from getting totally lost as I go out of town to workshops and competitions.
I'm usually pretty good with computers, as I had a lab full of them and use them in teaching, but forget the fancy new cell phones that do everything a computer can do. Good grief!
We've had a relatively cool spring, with reasonable rain. Today it is hot, but I can't complain. I live in Alabama. It is supposed to be hot here in June. Fortunately, we seem to be back in the "usual" summer rain pattern, with scattered afternoon thundershowers frequently, so the drought conditions are finally over.
I've finally convinced DH that I really want to be able to park my compact sports car in the garage. Since we have a two car garage, and a separate shop, that is not an unreasonable request. He has filled the garage with junk, and is finally making motions about throwing some of it away. Maybe in a week or two, since he doesn't want to have to pay someone to haul it all away, so it has to go in the garbage a little at a time.

1 Comments:

At June 17, 2009 at 4:30 PM , Blogger doris. said...

Laura - Beware those text messages. Someone was recently telling me that her daughter has had some spam-my texts that say 'now that you've opened this you're signed on to blah-blah-blah service' and the text message cost $10 more to their cell phone bill! My cell doesn't text, doesn't even have a camera. Talk about the Dark Ages, and I'm fine with that. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home