Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Looks like a lazy day

It is pouring buckets here and I was going to go out shopping, but.....
Finally have a day that not much was on the list.
I need some input. I am looking to upgrade my machine and at the quilt show here I was looking @ a Husqvarna Sapphire 870. It has a bigger space for machine quilting. Not that I am that good at it, but i would not have to fight so much trying to learn more. I am really worried about all the other stuff that is built in. Have enough trouble with 4 gears in a car how will I be able to keep those many stitches where they belong. You know what I mean.
LOL
Anyway input is appreciated.
Need another coffee to start thinking straight
Have a great day or evening, whatever the case may be
Grace on On, where she should take the dog out while the rain is just coming in a mist for a few minutes.She does not like rain

4 Comments:

At June 9, 2009 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

Grace, I have a Brother PQ1500 that has a large throat space. It is just a straight stitch, though, since I have another machine with fancy stitches (that I hardly ever use). I love the Brother for MQ and use it on my Handiquilter as well as for hand fed. I also use it as my main piecing machine. It has the needle threader, which I like a lot now that the eyes aren't what they used to be, and a touch button thread cutter. Not a fancy machine, but it has been a real workhorse.

Kathi

 
At June 9, 2009 at 11:30 AM , Blogger heather said...

Grace....I have the Sapphire 830 and do love it.....especially with the bigger throat space......it had about the same amount of "extras" as the Pfaff 2033 that I also loved (except for free motion quilting because of having to position the foot lever exactly...drove me buggy)....love the 830 for free motioning and my hands do not struggle as much with the extra throat space.....if you like Husquavarna's you will like the sapphire series.....I just felt I didn't need the bells and whistles of the 870.....

 
At June 11, 2009 at 9:45 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Grace - some of those Sapphires develop tension problems sooner or later. I've been reading about it over at patternreview.com

Do a lot of research and know your dealer! A fellow quilt guild member here was without her Viking for six weeks. The Viking Corp owns the local dealership here. They waited weeks for a new machine to arrive so they could recycle the box to ship guild member's machine off to Maine or somewhere in New England, for routine service. Six weeks!!! Routine service!!! Buyer beware.

 
At June 13, 2009 at 1:42 PM , Blogger heather said...

Doris.....thanks for the info on the pattern review site......I did some checking and it seems that there was a bit of confusion in one posting and it was clarified....my 830 Sapphire has been humming along (knock on wood) for the past 1 1/2 years with no issues whatsoever, the local quilt shop who was the dealer closes today but there is someone negotiating with Husqvarna or Viking to be the dealer here....but there is another reliable dealer about 3 1/2 hours away so either way we will be covered.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home