Monday, June 8, 2009

Weather

Sara, to my knowledge, we don't have the same warnings that you have with hurricanes but we do have weather stations reporting all the time on weather when it becomes stormy, whether snow or rain. I have several sites on my computer marked for weather, one of which is a radar site with a map so that I can track storms coming our way. In winter, as you do now for hurricanes, although to a much less severe degree because your storms can be very dangerous, our snow storms far less so. I stock up food items in winter and always keep a large bottle of water with a pump in the cupboard but that is more for the power outages which can last up to three days or more. Our water source is a well and if the power goes out, the pump to pump the water from the well to the house, doesn't work. I fill bathtubs full of water to flush toilets because again, the water is not pumped from the well for that purpose. At least we can pail the water to the toilets to flush when needed. And, there is always the out-of-doors although in winter it gets mighty frosty on the backside. Your storms are very serious. I track them here because of my good friend, Joan, in Sarasota and appreciate your weather postings although on the other side of the state, it does give me some idea of the weather in Fla.

Sorry to hear about your skin cancer. Not surprising in southern climes.

RoseyP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home