Saturday, May 30, 2009

puppy update . . .( checking in)

. . . I'm quite guilty of not posting here. I have a different Google I.D. I use on other web sites, and always have to sign out then sign in for this one. Hate to bother Eric to change my I.D., etc. Oh well . . .

JOLEEN IN MN - Your garden photos are wonderful!!! I would have thought they are from a garden open to public tours. Truly gorgeous. The northern states can do so much more because you don't get our terrible heat and weeds.

Our puppy, Sophie, is growing like a weed. She's quite smart and is taking to her obedience training quite well. Here's hoping the potty-training will turn out well, also. She's on her second urinary tract infection. I'm not sure she ever got over the first one. If there is a third incident, I'll ask the vet to send it to a lab to be cultured. She's getting the usual Clavamox (penicillin type) and if it is an eColi bacteria, she would need something else. Only a culture would tell. Thanks you Yahoo Groups, I've learned all this..... one must be their dog's advocate. I"ve also learned about titers v.s. vaccinations, raw food diets, etc. The internet is a wonderful resource.

We're keeping our fingers crossed, though, that this round of meds will be the trick for the UTI. The potty training goes well when she doesn't have a UTI. (duh)

I finished making the drapes for our son & DIL master bedroom windows. They bought all the fabric, and I did the labor. They don't need to spend money on custom made, when Mom can do it for free! Next project will be their living room, since DIL chooses her fabric.

For now, I'm working on some new summer clothes. I'm desperate for them so must get busy. I'd really rather just play with the puppy. LOL She's such a love . . . but I digress. I need to take some photos and post them on the 'net.

We've had just under nine inches of rain at our house for the month of May alone! Several miles down the road, they've received twelve inches....for May alone. Magnolia trees everywhere are shedding or losing their leaves from all the rain. We desperately need it, but just not all at once. I heard that Lake Lanier, outside Atlanta, GA, is almost up to normal level thanks to all the rain this Spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home