Monday, June 8, 2009

Questions for northern residents

On the first day of June each year our paper publishes a "Hurricane tracking map" complete with lists of things to have on hand for power outages and storms. Do cities in Canada and northern state that get blizards publish things like this? Do the emergency mgmt. people give out lists of shelters, things to pack, etc.? Just wondering.
It is Hurricane season here from June 1 until Nov. 30th. Nothing usually happens until late Aug. or Sept. when the Atlantic ocean heats up. Stil, I buy bottled water, tuna fish, batteries, have tarps, lanterns, etc. on hand.
I didn't pick up my quilt today but will get it in the morning. I did pick up my re-upholstered rocking chair, and it looks good. I didn't know they had to charge tax on their services. Gosh, tax on everything.
Going to crash on the couch and do nothing.
Sara in soggy Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home