Sunday, June 21, 2009

Wonderful world...

Hello, all!
It has been a very long time since I posted here, although I read every day. Life has continued to be extremely busy, although I am getting to enjoy some gardening and other hobbies more than I have for a few years. Still not getting much quilting done, but I have certainly filled the time with my volunteering with feral cat rescue. I presently have about 30 foster kitties in the house. Many of them will be leaving for the pet store or for other foster homes in the next week and then maybe I can finish some of my innumerable UFOs.

In the meantime I wanted to share an absolutely perfect experience with you all. A few days ago I was driving a narrow and winding back road, on my way to pick up some cats, and I saw a bit of movement on the side of the road ahead of me. I braked nicely in time to see a tiny spotted fawn step out into the road, closely followed by its twin. I came to a full stop and they stood in the middle of the road, about six feet in front of me, looking at me and the van with the biggest eyes! After several minutes of this I shooed them off the road and carried on. During this entire event the radio was playing Louis Armstrong's "Wonderful World" -- the perfect soundtrack for a perfect moment!

Is anyone else having perfect moments this summer?

Jean

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2009 at 6:42 AM , Blogger Marge said...

HI Jean, Remember me? I met you in Paduach a few years back. just had to tell you a mother cat had four kittens under my back shed. Have no idea who she (the cat) belongs to so will try and catch them to take them to an animal shelter. Wished you lived closer. Yesterday morning I looked out my bedroom window and it had rained all night. Suddenly the sun came out and my spirea bush sparkled like diamonds. It was gorgeous. Marge in Pa.

 
At June 23, 2009 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Jean at Mill Bay said...

Of course I remember you, Marge! I looked for you at Paducah this year but did not see you. (We stayed at the same place -- definitely getting a bit seedy.) Please try tio take the cat and kitens to a 'no kill' shelter if you can, or ask around teh vet clinics to see if there is a rescue group in your area. They might be able to help. I sure wish I could!

Jean

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home