Thursday, June 18, 2009

Earlene Fowler's latest book

Sara, have just finished Love Mercy and as much as I initially find Earlene Fowler's writing less than, for example, the exquisite writing of Louise Penny, I am always quickly taken into her story line and her writing, which to me is honest, straightforward and very warm. I did not want to put it down and did not want to finish it. I can readily recommend it.

Nice to hear book recommendations, thanks folks.

Rosey (never sure who I am on any given day..!)

2 Comments:

At June 18, 2009 at 5:09 PM , Blogger katyquilt said...

I like Earline Fowler's books too! Nice relaxing reading!

 
At June 20, 2009 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Thanks,
I didn't mean to lie, but found out after I made that post that the library could get Love Mercy from the downtown branch. I have started it, and like it so far. No quilting in it, but Benie Harper and her husband live in the next ranch over from Love Mercy. So some of the characters are the same, and it is set in the same fictious town.
It is supposed to be 100 here today and tomorrow. No good for yard work, so might get some reading done.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home