Wednesday, July 8, 2009

This & That

Marion, an awareness of what has been happening in your life allows me to say, openly here, that you've been through much in the past months. Flying to England from NZ, having those few weeks with your sister Brenda, helping out in her home and keeping the kitchen and tummies filled while she coped with her last days, it's a letdown for you now, I'm sure. I feel that the mind does not accept death as a death immediately although we know intellectually, emotionally, I think it takes awhile to catch up with the intellect. And I do know that having grandchildren to visit can be expensive.

Missy Sarah, at seven, was curious to look at herself in the mirror and climbed upon the porcelain pedestal sink in the main floor powder room and with a great bang, removed it from its base and the wall. Needless to say, Grandpa Jock huffed and puffed, she was horrified and grandma was only interested in getting the water turned off at the wall. There is now a lovely new vanity installed in its place, which friend, Walter, installed for us saving us a plumbing bill and today, I purchased a very small round mirror which will be placed on the wall at Sarah's height when she returns for a family gathering here this Sunday.

Jane, I'm saddened to hear about Shadow and I wonder that you might consider getting another dog living where you do. It would be awfully lonely without a dog in your house in the mountains when you've had them for so many years.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home