Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer and KC

Doris - the dress is gorgeous. I don't have the patience or skill for that kind of sewing. Used to do lots of garment sewing for myself years ago and when DD was little I loved making her jumpers, PJs, etc. but now she would certainly not welcome anything "homemade." Speaking of DD, she has had quite a summer so far. Band trip to FL for six days, three days home and then two weeks in Denmark, Germany, London...she went home with our exchange student from Denmark and we picked her up from the airport last night. DH and I had a hard time saying goodbye two weeks ago when they left so I asked Laura when we picked her up last night if it was hard to say good bye. Her response: "Nope. I'll see her again." She does plan to come here next year for DD's grad and we hope to go to Denmark the following year for hers. Plus having computers really does make the world a small place. Anne has a webcam so we talked to the girls several times over the last few weeks. I think the purchase of a webcam is in our very near future...maybe I should get myself one for my birthday in August.

After years of driving on ice or thru snow storms, my family has decided to move our Christmas gathering to an earlier date - the first week-end of August. We are meeting in Kansas City MO in a few weeks - any "must see" quilt shops in or by KC? I don't know if we will have time to check any out but it is always good to be prepared. Joleen in MN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home