Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Wonderful Vacation

For our vacation this year we decided to get our children and grandchildren together for our 40th anniversary celebration. There's only a dozen of us. We spent a week together in Maui and it was ideal for everyone. The kids and grands (8 weeks - 9 years old) had never been. They were awestruck as I have been each of the two times I have visited. We had 3 cottages and shared duties and cost for the evening meal each day. They enjoyed the sun, sand, surf, snorkeling and sightseeing and I spent a little time boosting the economy - fabric and clothes! I think the neutral (and lovely) setting saved wear and tear on everyones nerves, plus the novelty of it all. Though DGS was "bored" enough to watch TV in between activities!

We took everyone to dinner one evening for the "celebration" and included my niece and her family. Her wedding was the reason for our first visit! This niece is the youngest DD of my sister who passed in March so she appreciated the visit with extended family and her daughter is the same age as one of my grands. It was a win/win for everyone and the economy. I will dream of the day when I can return.

I am now avidly pursuing with great pleasure my quilting. Who could ask for anything more in this lovely Iowa summer.

2 Comments:

At July 21, 2009 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At July 21, 2009 at 10:32 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Laura, sounds like a perfect celebration! Good on you all for thinking of this.
Congrats on 40!! years too. Bet it doesn't seem that long. :-) Time sure flies doesn't it.
Hugz, Mary

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home