Sunday, April 12, 2009

This 'n That

Good morning friends.

DOGGIE DEMENTIA, otherwise known as "canine cognitive disorder" is somewhat treatable. When I was at Rosey's retreat a number of years ago her vet visited and we talked about it as my beloved Molly was clearly confused and after the move from one house to another she was a mess. The vet told me about a fairly effective medication and after returning my vet prescribed it. I can't recall the name but it made quite a difference. She was much more social and was able to find the door to the new house. Previously she'd panic and run in circles around the house unable to locate the door. She made some eye contact and let me give her a smooch. I strongly advise a visit with your vet.

SARA, so glad DH finally knows what he's up against. A nasty disease indeed but does run it's course. DD#1 had it in high school and it was six weeks before she could go full tilt and she was 16 and very fit (a competitive swimmer).

LAURA your dogwood is awesome. We have a lot here, both wild and cultivars but I've never seen one like that.

DORIS, the last one about the The Three Little Pigs via email convulsed my strict Baptist friends at the quilt frame Friday. All five of us who were there had taught elementary school at one time or another and we had tears in our eyes from the laughter.

Your Sophie is adorable. As many of you know I'm a spaniel person largely because DH was a bird hunter and we always had spaniels both thoroughbreds and mixes over the years. The mix was a great bird dog and baby sitter. My Shadow is getting quite deaf but still hounds me (pardon the expression) to hit the tennis balls out the door for her. If I manage to outlive Shadow, which not necessarily likely, the question becomes, do I get another dog. If I'm still managing decently on my own I won't be able to resist. However I will no doubt head for the local pet adoption outing which occurs on Saturday mornings, until I run into a dog of reasonable size, good temperament and has a few years on him/her. I don't think I can handle the energy of a pup, especially a springer (there is a reason for that name) unless I get a senior from a rescue group. There is a group called springers for seniors on line.

By the way, I think the Obamas have set a poor example by acquiring a thoroughbred rather than a rescue. I hear the Portuguese Water dog is a gift from Ted Kennedy.

Jane ready to get into motion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home