Wednesday, April 8, 2009

FEELING GREAT

Despite my having contributed to the temporary return of winter to the southern Appalachians, along with the return of pain requiring a return to pills, as well as Rosey's contribution to similar events in ON, I feel great. Why? you may ask. Well, it's because I have completed reconstruction of the financial records that I messed up big time for months after the accident and the post traumatic mental mess I suffered from. I am now ready to take the information to my tax preparer in the morning. Whew, that was a large and unpleasant hill to climb that couldn't have happened at a worse time. I knew for sure that my medical deductions would be larger than ever before and I didn't want to miss any. Now I understand why I'm so short of funds. I totaled up almost $15,000 worth of out of pocket medical expenses. That, despite having Medicare and a pretty good secondary policy which includes a drug plan. This was mostly co-pays but also includes the expenses for hired transportation to and from doc and physical therapy appointments. Unfortunately, due to my muddleheadedness I paid a lot of the transportaion cost in cash which I can't substantiate. Anyway, it's off my desk and mind and I can return to the newly usable quilt room and do what I love to do. I'm almost done with physical therapy too.

I did go to the rec center today and had a bit of a work out increasing my time on the elliptical trainer as well as some weight work. I intend to keep at that and try to lose the weight I regained in the past year.

It's supposed to be sunny with high temp at 70F tomorrow so things are definitely looking up. I'll post a picture on the board when I finish the very simply kid quilt for my neighbor's grandchild who will be a year old on mother's day.

Keep posting girls. I've been checking every day but things have been pretty quiet. I hope that's because you are all busy doing what you love to do.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home