Saturday, April 11, 2009

quilt show & the crazy dog

I just posted a link to my pictures from our recent quilt show on the Yahoo site & wanted to post them here as well. The 1st few pictures are of our best of show. It's a beautiful blue heron done by Barbara Shepel a great artist & super person.
The last 2 pictures are my wallhanging "Gum Blossom" a last minute rushed project that I'm not very proud of :)
http://community.webshots.com/user/easystitches

I love that dogwood Laura! What a beauty!
We have cherry's blooming but that's about all right now.
They just make me smile, don't even look real.

It's funny how plants become pests in certain places, we aren't suppose to plant butterfly bushes
because they are so invasive , but I just love the honey smell they have & of course the butterflies love them. I love Lantana, I know it spreads like crazy in Ca, but not so much here, There's a gorgeous one that is both peach & yellow, Divine!

So sorry about your quilting friend Karen, we cherish our quilting buds!

Jane, glad things are so much better, your a champ!
keep up the good work.

Here's a crazy dog story. The world's oldest Pit Bull, Dyna has become very idiosyncratic to put it nicely. She paces & paces all evening until she gets the sofa & then won't share it with anyone. So, finally I'd had it & bought her her own sofa at goodwill.
I really didn't want a second sofa & didn't even have room for it. Now the room looks like some fraternity rec room or something with all this mismatched furniture & I had to move the easy chair that matches the sofa into the dining room!
So we get the sofa in & she's not interested at all & continues to pace every evening. So we decide maybe it's a little too high for her to jump to, it's maybe 2 inches higher than the other sofa? So we decide to remove the short feet. Now it looks even dopier. So, she still doesn't like it & keeps pacing! So, end of story, I'm using HER sofa, my feet hanging of the end & my neck straining to see the TV, but the pacing is over & Dyna is a happy camper......
Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home