Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring is back here in No. Fla.

JANE- so glad things are looking up for you. I'm sure it is beautiful where you are in the spring.
I planted about 5 more plants this morning, and got down on the hands and knees and pulled weeds, hacked at some tree roots with an ax, etc. Now I'm feeling it and the sinuses are on attack. A neighbor of my DD's is a retired plant science Dr. (not quite sure what the title is) and I bought some purple flowered plants from him last year. He swears they are Lantana, but my GF who gardens says that Lantana don't come in that color. I don't know what they are, but they survived the freezes this winter are look great. If only the grass would not grow in the flower beds life would be easier.
I've finished up the binding on a baby quilt. I got blue blanket binding from Wally-mart, and folded it smaller, I thought it might last longer than cotton binding. It used to be inexpensive, but now is $4.98 at Wally-mart, and $5.98 at JoAnn's. I guess nothing is inexpensive any more.
OH-forgot why I started posting--Jane and whoever else is interested-- we finally have an answer to DH's mystery disease. Don't know if I posted about it or not.
He had Mono! The family Dr. said that no one over 50 got Mono, so she didn't even go down that road. This was why his legs were sore, 101 temp, lots of fatigue. That evidently kicked up the latent TB that he had lurking in his lymph nodes.
Right now DH has a raging head cold via a co-worker, and is a total crab.
I feel sorry for him, cause I can take a nap in the afternoon, but he can't.

I'm going to make some labels for the QOV quilts I finished and take a picture. Hopefully deliver them to a coordinator in Palm Coast after Easter.
Speaking of Easter--today is Passover, so if you are Jewish, blessed Passover, and Happy Easter for all the others.
We have been invited out to a lunch after church at some friends' house for Easter, the first time I can think of when we haven't gathered with family. DD has it in her head that she wants to stay home with just her family, so that's OK with us.
All for now, going to wash the yard clothes.
Sara in Fla.

1 Comments:

At April 9, 2009 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

Sara - I don't know how you feel about chemical weed/grass preventers, but Caseron does a good job of keeping grasses out of the flower beds and from around trees.
Kathi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home