Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sat. night checking in

Well, I had the eye surgery on the right eye on Thhursday morning, and am glad the dialation has finally gone away. The surgery was amazing, I was in and out in under 2 hours. In recovery I was even offered coffee. Wow.
I am healing well, but was told not to run, so I didn't go this morning. Since it was supposed to be 25 degrees and our run was out in the country, I didn't balk too much. Even our leader told me to stay home.

Jean in Vt-I can't imagine 37 below. Burr. Does your card battery start in that cold? Or do you have to have a plug in like they do in Alaska?

I am able to read today, something I couldn't do yesterday. I got "The Lover's Knot" at the book store last week, and am half way finished.
I'm about to change into the fluffy robe and curl up and read it.

The local Naval air station must either have a new group of pilots in, or they are on high alert. We have jets flying over the house about every 5 min. Don't know if it has anything to do with the new president taking office on Tues. or not.
We too have been in awe of the US Air pilot who landed in the Hudson river. It was a miracle that they all were alive. I believe one lady had 2 broken legs, but haven't heard of anyone else being hurt. Three local people on the plane were interview yesterday on the news.
OK, going to dream of future quilts, and going to sign up for a class on scaloped boders at the local shop. Looking forward to playing with fabric. I guess it's the same with gardners looking through seed catalogues in the winter time.
Warm hugs to all.
Sara in Fla.

1 Comments:

At January 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Jean in VT said...

Sara, my car started perfectly the morning it was 34 below. Go figure. I think the key is to have a really good battery.

Jean in VT

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home