Tuesday, January 13, 2009

GOOD NEWS

As the nautical types would say, “CAST OFF!!!”. While I’m not ready for the Boston marathon I’m moving around easily with the walker with weight bearing “as tolerated” so the PT and I are in charge of that. I’m also wearing a compression stocking because of some swelling and the same brace I was wearing prior to the surgery. It feels quite good and I think I will be much better in fairly short order. I have a bunch of exercises to do besides the walking, walking and I’m really motivated. The instructions from doc were to use assistive devices “as necessary”. PT was impressed today with my current flexibility and strength so I’m flying high.

Today is cold and very bright and I’m going to take advantage of the good light and work some more on the sewing room. I made sure that room has lots of light when I built the house so in good weather it is a very cheerful place to be with good music or a book on CD and my fabric. Shadow joins me in there sometimes but not all the time like my old Molly did. She used to be with me whenever I was sewing. It’s been 3.5 years since her passing to the great CRP field in the sky and I still get teary.

DORIS, that thought brings me to your sad news. Why do we do this to ourselves. We know when we give our hearts to a pet that we’ll be devastated when they predecease us. I have Molly’s cremains in my closet and my kids know that they are to go into the ground with me. Same for Shadow if her time comes before mine. My heart goes out to you and your DH.

No more buying until I get some quilts done. That’s my solemn promise and you are all witnesses so now I’m bound.

Off to fix a sensible lunch.

Jane, high as a kite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home