Saturday, November 15, 2008

Out of lurking...

Out of lurking for a bit, at least. I've just had rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder, and am in for quite the recovery period. Fortunately, I'm a week and a half into this, so I hope the worst is over. I chose to have it done arthriscopicly, so that should help the recovery time, but boy, is that shoulder sore! No quilting for me for a while! Fortunately, I had set a project aside years ago that combines quilt blocks with embroidered blocks, so I can work on the embroidery at least. That's about all I can do, as my arm is in a sling and I'm not to hold any weight yet with that hand.

Yuck. Pain meds make me feel lousy, but without them I can't sleep. I'm trying to achieve the proper balance during the day so that my head isn't in a permanent fog. I wonder how long it'll be until this shoulder doesn't hurt? I'm almost afraid to ask. I start physical therapy next week (in addition to the exercises I'm already doing at home) and my PT guy had the same surgery, so I'll ask him. All I know is that I have to be good and do everything they tell me to do so I don't end up with a frozen shoulder. I'm already seeing an improvement in what I'm able to do for the exercises, so I'm encouraged.

Sorry to blather on about my shoulder, but that's been pretty much my sole focus since surgery on the 5th. Sigh. I feel like I lost a full week of my life, lying on the sofa. But I'm getting stronger every day, so hope to soon feel myself again. Six weeks in a sling should get me out of it just in time for Christmas. Hallejuiah! The rest of you, quilt on! I'll be quilting in my head.

Jean in VT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home