Monday, November 10, 2008

This and that...

Sara, sorry to hear that your DH is still unwell. It's all a bit scary when the long term partner is sick. I can be very sympathetic and caring to others who are sick, but when it is my DH, my attitude leaves a lot to be desired ! I think it's got something to do with fear of losing him. After 45yrs of being together the thought of that happening is scary. Ofcourse, he does tend to "make a meal" of any sickness and, for one who was brought up on the theory that sickness is a matter of "mind over matter", that can be difficult to deal with ! Incidentally, my father, who lived by that theory, died in his early sixties because he ignored signs and symptoms of ill health until it was too late ... so that didn't work either !!

Doris. I hope the wedding goes well. I'm sure you have everything under control (!) A fine sunny day would be a bonus. I'll be wishing that for you.

Marie, you did a great job with the travelogue. Thank you. It was fun to read all about it.

I thought of Rosey yesterday when I got caught in a traffic jam (of dairy cows) as I was making for the small rural town nearby. I too prefer country living but we are not without our problems here either. We have "boy racers" who come out from the city at w/ends, to race along our straight country roads. They congregate in large numbers, late at night and can be quite intimidating. There is to be a meeting with the local MP next week to see what (if anything) can be done about it. The fact that a lot of these boys are driving modified cars , have no licences and are often over the limit (alcohol) seems not to matter. They all have radio contact with each other and know where the police are and manage to keep ahead of them. I suppose if they were given access to some race track to do their speeding on, it wouldn't have the same "buzz".

NZ elected in a change of government at the w/end. Can't help but wonder why anyone would want the job ! I feel the same for the new American President. Good luck to them both. They've got a big job ahead of them.

We've got workmen here putting down new paving stones. The roots of a nearby tree had lifted the old ones, making the pathway unsafe, so it will be nice to have it done.

Warm and sunny here. I'm daring to think that summer might have arrived !

Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home