Sunday, November 9, 2008

Does anyone remember

Does anyone remember Does anyone remember an anti-smoking ad from around 1985 which featured a skeleton in a rocking chair? My memory is that it also featured a voice-over by Yul Brynner, who had just died of lung cancer. The voice over began something like: "When you see this, I am dead."
I also remember, quite clearly, that the ad was only shown two or three times, and then removed because it was "too graphic."Now, all I can find is footage of an interview that was aired as a PSA after Yul died. I don't think I would have remembered the interview nearly as vividly! Did I imagine this whole thing?
Thanks for the stories about the retreat. It wasn't as good as being there would have been though. I really enjoyed them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home