Monday, November 3, 2008

FROZEN CAKE

Evidently, Sara, you have never had the pleasure of eating frozen cake. Freezing cake just doesn't work for a compulsive eater like me. I gave half of the cake to a neighbor as I'd darn near eaten other half.

Neighbor's daughter was visiting with almost six month old baby, one of those smiley sociable types. She reached out to me to hold her. What a charmer. I can see their driveway full of bicycles when is is fifteen. I just started on her quilt on Saturday so I guess I'll mail it. It's very cute puppy fabric. The baby is clearly a dog person. Her family has a Newfoundland and a golden and grandpa has four Boykin spaniels two of which a wound up puppies about a year old. The baby was not the least bit intimidated by their frenzy of play and she reaches out for them.

Just got an email from DD#2. I'd asked for Christmas wish list and one of the two wishes was a cure for hot flashes. Glad that's behind me but sorry I have no wisdom to offer her. I've read that recent research has shown that the herbal approach is ineffectual. I remember just living with it. That was the beginning of sleep problems for me. Long after the daytime flashes stopped the night sweats went on for a long time until I got on the estrogen patch. That worked but doc stopped it when the researchers concluded that HRT Carries a breast risk. Oh hell, just getting out of bed has its risks.

Off to get the allergy shot then home to cut lots of fabric for next week's class. Since it's a flip and sew I should get it finished before I need it for a shroud.

Jane, who isn't answering the telephone until the polls close tomorrow night. I'm a lawyer and first amendment freak and I don't think the politicians have a constitutional right to intrude in my home. They can say whatever they want in public or print but I should be secure in my home. There I said it and I'm glad.

Jane

1 Comments:

At November 4, 2008 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Jane - If you're getting campaign phone calls, it may be due to putting your phone number down on the voters registration form. That happened to us when our son registered. After one bad election season, I called them and they removed the phone #. Campaigners buy the info from the county.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home