Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Grace's Retreat

Marie, I enjoyed your recounting of Grace's retreat very much. You have such good recall; did you keep a journal or does this come naturally to you? By nighttime, I forget what I did in the mornings, these days. I know that planning a retreat is a lot of work for someone to take on and just flying into places, making connections, from your home location can be both stressful and tiring by the time you get to where you are going. I know that the four quilters who came in here after the retreat were all tired, especially after the long drive through Algonquin Park but they were exhilarated by the fall colours and that made up for the six hour drive. A retreat is a lot of organizing on both ends, the person planning and those attending. It's nice to make those connections with each other and keep them up through retreats.

The mention of sneaking forbidden 'fruit' out of freezers...Jane, it never works here. I always know exactly where that piece of sweetbread is that I've squirreled away in my freezer ...that's what toaster ovens are for.

I've awakened to a new President of the United States...both candidates must be exhausted after such an intense campaign.

We are having a break in our November weather...two days, yesterday and today, of warm sunny weather. I want to stop the clock but winter is coming on and we're all bracing for it. Gardens are being put to bed, wood brought up to the door, squirrels hoarding nuts and it's the week of deer hunting season here. I shake my head that such a thing can go on in such a populated area. It was two years last Monday that our friend Marianne was shot by a deer hunter and still, the township doesn't do anything to end this practice here. No walking in the woods this week or next.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home