Friday, October 24, 2008

We are living in interesting times...

I've been interested to read comments about the financial chaos around the world. All very worrying for those of us reliant on investments for our income. There will certainly be some "belt tightening" around here ! Fortunately, my fabric stash will keep me going for awhile, so I will still be able to quilt !

We are due to have elections here in early Nov . It will be such a relief to have it over and done with. I am tired of the electioneering. Truth is, the results of the American election will probably influence our lives more than the results of our own election.... how did that happen ?!?

We recently had a week in Auckland with DD#2 and family. They all seem well settled up there now, which is nice to see. We will go back for Christmas otherwise they, and we ,would be without family.

My "sailing nephew" is on the high seas again. He's doing the Volvo for the forth tine. This time he's on Green Dragon, a joint Irish/Chinese boat. They are heading for South Africa at the moment and I think they are in second place. There are several boats within sight of each other evidently, so it must all be very exciting for the sailors.

Chilly day here today, the settled summer weather seems to be late arriving. The garden is looking lovely , lots of colour and lots of birdsong . It does give me a lot of pleasure.

Enjoy the w/end.
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home