Friday, October 17, 2008

Jill...

Glad to hear that you, Mayme and Dianna were able to get together. Sorry Pat had to miss it. I missed you all in Pembroke. I've been inspired since I got home and am getting back to quilting after a long dry spell. I've just started reading the Chat again more regularly too. That helps the inspiration! I have to discipline myself now to finish my WIPs before starting the new projects that are spilling out of my brain.
I think the real reason my quilter's block is disappearing is that I've been attempting to lead a healthier life for the past couple of months, eating sensibly and walking every day. I feel much better except for my feet which complain a lot about carrying my weight around the track. I will persevere however, and, in about 3 years, should weigh what I'm supposed to. I have to keep reminding myself that I didn't get this way overnight, so can't expect to lose it any faster. Remember way back when, when some of us tried the fat quarter challenge. Jean in Vermont was my cheerleader as I attempted to "ride" my exercise bike all the way to her house. I didn't get very far, but, I have to tell you, Jean, I'm well on my way this time. LOL
Anyway, it's good to feel like a quilter again.
My sympathies with those of you who are still enduring an election campaign. I'm sooo glad ours is over. Politicans make me crankier the older I get.
Happy quilting all. Brenda in Nn Ontario

1 Comments:

At October 23, 2008 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Jean in VT said...

Brenda, it's good to see you posting again! Good for you for walking again. I did soooo well last year. I lost 13 pounds and got to my goal weight. Trouble is, I gained most of it back last winter. Arrrgggh!!! Here we go again...

Jean in VT

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home