Tuesday, October 21, 2008

checking in ... and still here ;-)

Hello y'all! I'm coming up for air and had time to check in. The count down for our son's wedding continues and we are at 4 1/2 weeks away. I actually wrote the countdown on each Saturday on the calendar. Keeps me sane, as I'm not having to do math in my head as to "how many weeks away are we?" I'm in the process of machine quilting a Double Irish Chain quilt I made for the kids, that I hope is finished in time to give to them in time to be a wedding gift. If it's not done, there's always Christmas. I'll post a picture when it is finished.

Starting yesterday, I am resisting all sweets and sugar. (I hear you snerking, Rosey P.) I need my immune system to be at its best with all the busyness going on around here for the wedding and holiday season.

We have gated communities around here. It was rather comical when the county school buses stopped at the gate of one, the first in our community, and would not enter the development of million-dollar homes because the county did not maintain those streets inside. Apparently the county school bus was only allowed on county roads! The parents were not happy campers. ;o) They probably got it all worked out but I did not pay attention, as it did not affect moi.

I think gated developments are nice for older people because it does provide a higher level of security. With the current economy, if unemployment rises we all know that crime will rise with it. Those gates might look awfully attractive. Our subdivision isn't gated but I told DH if things got bad I would go buy a gun and learn how to use it.

SARA IN FL - the weight I gain in Ireland is always blamed on that wonderful soda bread they serve at breakfast. Maybe I should make some, to go with the beef stew for supper tonight . . . !

Must run..... Hugs to everyone!

1 Comments:

At October 21, 2008 at 6:07 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

OMG, I'm eating a Kit-Kat as
I read your post!!!!!!
I hope you can't see it!
Jill

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home