Sunday, October 26, 2008

Response to board comments

Having been on this board for more than ten years, I had hoped the political comments would cease, since this is a quilting board. There are other venues for politics. However I can no longer bite my tongue, as it were, and feel I must respond to comments herein.

It is unfortunate that the mainstream media in this country, as well as Hollywood and others,choose to portray our President in the worst light possible. He is an intelligent man who also graduated from Harvard with a Masters Degree, as well as being the pilot of an F-15. It seems he is blamed for everything coming down the pike just to keep the portrayal going. Why anyone would watch the garbage such as "W" or movies made by Michael Moore is beyond me, but that is your choice. Why you believe them is another mystery to me. It is too bad the BBC and CBC feel they have to follow suit. It is too bad FOX News is banned in Canada, it is the only network that carries both sides of the picture and without distortion. Too bad you have

The current money crisis is not attributable to George Bush. It goes back 20 or 30 years. Housing prices have been going up to unbelievable levels for 30 years and never gone down. The institution of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by Democratic Senators and the Congress, with Democrats Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, and a few others leading the way, caused the problem, which has taken a long time to rise to the surface.

Our current President has tried to restore the military after it was decimated by Bill Clinton and the Democrats, who proclaimed 9-11 and other bombings for the last 20 years criminal actions to be dealt with by courts. Barack Hussein Obama has promised to cut the military again in order to fund social projects. The Democrats spent 40 years fighting the war on poverty, so why is there still poverty? It is an excuse to get votes. I will vote for the person who has fought the war and will defend me.

When you hear politicians talk about "the workers" and "the rich people who don't care about them", you are hearing Marxists who want to take over our country. Many years ago a leading Communist said they would take over our country without a single shot, through our children, and it is happening. There are 3600 or more professors in universities teaching our children how bad the government is and what they should do about it. All of Obama's connections are Marxists, it is a known fact. You don't hear them talking about the millions people like Bill Gates contributed to fight AIDS in Africa.

Universal health care is not the answer. I don't want someone else choosing my doctor; been there, done that. It is why I have no senses of taste and smell today. And friends in both Britain and Canada have had major problems with it. Many states here have help for folks who need help; the government does not need to be involved.

As for prejudice, it exists in just about every nation in the world. There are probably more prejudiced black people and other colors, than there are whites. I was not brought up with it. When the schools integrated in Florida, whites were sent to the black districts and vice versa. I had a black girl scout troop. When I drove to school to pick up my son, rocks were thrown at my car and epithets screamed at me. So prejudice works both ways. There ARE black politicians for whom I have respect and would vote for. Barack Obama is not one of them.

Our country is always expected to support the whole world. Well it is time they learned, like children, to take care of themselves. The money doesn't grow on trees, it is paid in by those of us who spent our lives working and paying taxes. You don't see other countries rushing in to help us with disasters, do you?

In closing, I'll be leaving this board. Have made many friends over the years and cherish them. But I cannot stay here and see my country and my President put down.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 26, 2008 at 6:04 AM , Blogger Yuki said...

Well, everyone has their own opinions and I for one am happy to hear the opinions of others. As a world traveler I am very curious to hear the opinions of others from outside the US, to hear how we as US citizens are perceived.

Sorry to hear that someone could be offended by someone else speaking their views. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

ttfn :) Yuki Nakamoto (US citizen & democrat since 1985)

 
At October 26, 2008 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Dear Lavina,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and frustrations. It is my personal belief that any time politics comes up on these boards problems soon develop. :-) I'm sorry this has hit a sore spot for you and I hope over time you'll feel comfortable to participate with the board again. You've added so much to so many lives through the years.

I do want to offer a different perception on one of your comments. I don't want to further upset you or anyone nor do I wish to engage in a debate. But I feel because this in an international board someone should correct a possible misconception. You had written:
"You don't see other countries rushing in to help us with disasters, do you?"

As a matter of fact, other countries DO offer aid to the US after disasters. As an example, after 9-11 and Katrina many countries offered and sent monies as well as offers to help. When bad things happen most countries help each other just as the US tries to help too. Of course some do not but that is, I'm sure, due to a variety of reason.

Please know I respect you and hope you don't mind my comment.

I'm off to the sewing room to work on table runners. I've recently made some runners and have become quite hooked on them!

Lots of hugz, Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home