Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's still Hot Hot Hot!


Oops, I hit enter by accident!

It's way too hot here for weeding...so I'm trying to decide what to do exactly.

I may even sew!

These are our 1st days(yesterday & today) in the 90's, so it's a bit of a shock!

Sounds like you had a blast Jean. Being able to go to Quilt Market here in Portland was just a thrill & also overwhelming!

Now I'm anticipating Sisters (my all time favorite quilt show) & also going to the big Seattle show in August.

Just got one of Karla Alexander's stacking the deck books from the library & thinking I may have to try one of these quilts, they look like fun!

Every year our library (all of Portland) selects a book & then has many city wide promotions and events surrounding it. I don't think I would have ever read The Kite Runner if it hadn't been the book that year & it's a must read, so good, as was his 2nd book......This years book is "Three cups of Tea" Has anyone read it? I'm still waiting for it, but haven't talked to anyone who has read it. Anyone here?

Movie reviews(out on DVD): On a clear Day delightful! Diving Bell & the Butterfly(french) sad, poignant, 360 degrees from the 1st!

Food review: A gal brought Paula Dean's Pineapple Casserole (easily found on google) to Quilt til you wilt Friday nite. Boy it's yummy, I'm making it today for DH as he loves Pineapple Upside down & I won't make it (too much work).

Probably have to add a garden picture, what a wonderful time of year, STAWBERRIES!

Jill

3 Comments:

At June 29, 2008 at 4:38 PM , Blogger MaryJo said...

Hi Jill, It is hot here today, 103! I'm sorry to miss you in Sisters - love that town, show and shop. But, we've moved and 600 miles is a bit far - especially this year. DH broke C2 vertabrae in an auto accident this spring. Travel home from AZ was 2 months late and very difficult. Took an extra day, stopping often and checking in by 2:00 each afternoon.
Can you tell me how to post? I've tried since getting back on this computer and either do comments or a blog. Even emailed Eric... Any ideas?
Thanks,
MaryJo

 
At June 29, 2008 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Phyllis in Minnesota said...

I read Three Cups of Tea when it first came out and it's a wonderful story but drags in a few places. I would guess many of the schools he built have been destroyed and that makes me sad. My sister went to a book club where the author spoke and said he is quite reserved and didn't seem comfortable speaking in front of a group. Enjoy the book...
Phyllis

 
At June 30, 2008 at 6:53 AM , Blogger MaryJo said...

Hi Jill, Tried yesterday to leave a comment and it has not posted. Can you tell me how to post? Since arriving home, I've not been able to - all goes to blog. Emailed Eric, but no reply. Am sorry to miss this year at Sisters. 600 miles is too far to travel with DH's break at C2. Difficult trip home from AZ for him.
MaryJo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home