Wednesday, January 23, 2008

dogs

Rosey, thanks so much for passing my post onto Celia. It really helps to have someone who has been through this with her dog giving me input. DH read Celia's post about Riley having his surgery done and is ready to schedule Kira's. It's sad to see her lifting up her back leg, not wanting to put weight on it. Hopefully if we can get it fixed before it gets any worse.

As I told Celia via e-mail, we have quite the motley crew here. Kira is a husky/shepherd/collie mix and the dearest you could ask for. We also have a Riley, a hound mix that I affectionately refer to as dumb, yet she's the most obedient of the three. Rounding out the trio is our poowawa (poodle/chihuahua) Chiquita, who is about one-tenth the size of the others but thinks she's boss. She's my lap dog, and she thinks I belong to her instead of the other way around. Honestly, it's like raising a passel of kids all over again (I have five of the two-footed variety of kids!).

Just so no one wonders why all these dog posts are on a quilter's forum, I will say that we quilters love our animals, and our animals love our quilts! Now I wish life would settle down a little so I could finish the log cabin blocks I'm making for my niece's wedding quilt!!

Jean in VT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home