Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Celia's response for Jean

Well, at least we've got Celia on the board. I'm not sure what the problem was but once she's settled into their new home, she may have time to deal with it. Jean, you don't need to tell me how precious our pets can be. I'm so besotted with the Australian Shepherd breed and believe me, I had no intention of getting one. I went to a breeder of Aussies and her bitch, a blue-eye, blue merle came flying out the door at me (as only Aussies can do) and because she'd whelped not more than eight weeks before and had been nursing pups, her coat was sparse. She looked like a ghost dog and I left without seeing the pups, telling the breeder that that breed was not for me. Five or six years later, fate happened and I found Geordie on the floor of our vet's surgery, waiting to have his broken leg mended after being kicked by 'crack-addict' owners. He had brown eyes, was a blue merle and just about the cutest darned pup I'd ever seen. I paid for his operation and brought him home, cast and all. Two more joined him later on. I'm devoted to my dogs. So I can imagine how upsetting this is for you with your Kira and hope Celia's messages are useful.

And Jane is in recovery and likely feeling like a Mac truck hit her yesterday.

Snowing here again. We've had quite a snowy winter but living in the country makes it all not seem annoying...it's so beautiful.
Rosey


Dear Jean,

Rosey forwarded your response to me, and just wanted to say that Riley's surgery was done in January 2006 and it was a little more difficult in winter conditions, but really not too bad at all. The risk factor in waiting is that it could be damaged worse, resulting in the surgery being more complicated, and then more expensive. It's a bit of a catch 22 decision really. Initially post surgery, I think you might have to keep Kira separated from the other two dogs to prevent the surgical site being reinjured. It does take a few months to recover fully. I am only basing my comments on our own experience with Riley and not that I have any veterinary knowledge. We were however, very pleased with Riley's outcome and he doesn't appear to suffer any related problems whatsoever now. We have no regrets about our decision. Just a reduced bank account. LOL

I can send you some pics of him after his surgery, or answer any other questions you may have. Feel free to contact me at:
Brit4@rogers.com
Celia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home