Saturday, October 6, 2007

Rain,Rain go away

Remember back in May when I was saying how dry it was and we needed rain? We have had enough this week to last another 6 mo. Officially at the airport it has only been about 8 inches, but here about 20 or so. Several schools were closed on Thursday and lots of street flooding. I am grateful that our little subdivision has good drainage.
Last night DH and I drove down to St. Augustine for the little art quilt show. I have baked lots of home made goodies, and worked on Thursday there to help hang the quilts. It made me very humble to see the abilities of so many various quilt artists. Sort of like seeing the "Mother Earth and her children" quilt. Not even anywhere in a league a could join.
It was a busy few days and I'm happy to stay home and watch football on TV tonight. Right now my college is having a time out due to lightning.
My DH is determined that we are going to be having fun kayaking! We spent every spare min. this week researching then test driving SUVs that would hold 2 kayaks and 2 bikes. What a man,gotta love him. Well, since I had a very red Camray that was only 1 and 1/2 years old, my only requirement was that it be some shade of red.
I didn't care what brand, model, just red. The 2nd Toyota dealership we visited went out of their way to get a burgundy one the day after we were there, so now it is in the garage.
Now I just have to practice backing the big old thing up!

Hope you are all well, and I'll be glad to send the rain up to N.C. or any other place that wants it. The animals may start lining up 2 by 2 in another 24 hrs.
Sara in squishy Florida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home